Saturday, December 19, 2009

Art Gallery



You got a sneak peek at my "Art Gallery" earlier this week but I just have to show it off a little more. I looove it!




For months I had been stewing over a cute way that I could display my daughters art work in her play room. Nothing hit the spot. Finally I came up with this. I have no regrets. It was worth the wait and so easy to make too.


Here's how I did it:
I picked up a 8"x36" board at Hobby Lobby. With my 40% off coupon it was only a few dollars! I had some clothes pins lying around the house so I painted them black along with the board. I glued the clothes pins on with some strong glue and applied the vinyl lettering. That's it! See. So easy.


My daughter loves hanging up her art work to display. And she had plenty of it.

8 comments:

  1. This is an adorable idea! My son has so many things that he wants to hang up in his room from school, but I just didn't know what to do with it all! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! And I love the change you made later on, too. One question... do you make the vinyl lettering yourself, or where do you get it? I have been searching for a great way to hang my son's artwork, and this is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. April-
    I got my vinyl from a friend of a friend.

    Here is a place that was recommended to me to get custom vinyl done:
    http://ishowoffcrafts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found you via Tip Junkie's Wall Art Feature. I have been trying to figure out how to display my girls' work. This is a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow awesome idea,thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete