Monday, January 25, 2010

Baby Doll Diapers



I walked into my sons room the other day and found crumpled diapers everywhere. Apparently my daughter decided that her bear needed a diaper and then another diaper and then another.

Perfectly good diapers wasted.

After a little talk about how diapers are not toys I let her help me pick some fabric from my stash and we set out to make some diapers that she could play with.



This pattern fits my daughters 12-13 inch dolls and stuffed animals.



I cut the pattern out twice. Once for the diaper and once for the lining. If you're an advanced sewer then you should know what to do from here.

- Sew right sides together, leaving an opening to turn right side out.
- Clip curves and corners. Turn. Press. Sew opening.
- Sew on Velcro.

If you're a beginning sewer and would like some great step-by-step instructions visit HERE.



So Fun!


No more ruined diapers. Phew!

6 comments:

  1. Very Cute. My baby girl is just getting old enough to play dolls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this....my daughter did the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw you on One Pretty Thing. I just recently made some diapers for my daughter because she thought she could go through the real diapers too. I am now following your blog and look forward to other activities that you post. You can find me at: http://spottedsmiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! Found you through SeviDesigns so glad I did, following :)

    ReplyDelete