Monday, January 18, 2010

Heart Garland


I can't believe it's already time to start thinking about Valentine's Day. Ready or not here it comes I suppose . . .

My daughter loves holidays and is always telling me the run down, "First it's Halloween, then Thanksgiving, then Christmas, then Valentine's Day, then summer time . . ." She has the whole year planned out. So to get in the Valentine's spirit she helped me make this simple heart garland to hang up in her playroom.





I used this template to cut out the hearts.



After they were all cut out we looped them together and then taped the point of the heart closed.



Hanging there to bring us some Valentine's cheer.



7 comments:

  1. This is so cute!! Thank you so much for sharing this idea. I'm so excited to make one with my kids. I hope you don't mind that I've featured you on my blog, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea!!!!!! WAY TO GO! I am so going to do this with my kids! I have featured your idea on my blog - hope that is ok! Check it out here if you like - http://herhobbyaddiction.blogspot.com/2010/01/time-to-craft.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did this last night with some glittery scrapbook paper. It looks awesome and it was so easy! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made these and then used the inner (solid hearts) to make another paper chain (sewn through the center sort of like this http://www.onehourcraft.com/?p=442) except I skipped the wax paper and just sewed them one after the next with a short gap. I did one string sewn horizontally and another vertically. Super cute and a great way to use up all those extra hearts from the template.

    ReplyDelete