Monday, August 30, 2010

Magnet Board Part I



Per request I'm adding a few more of our magnet board activities to the batch.  I apologize that I don't have any links that I can send you to to make these. I kind of just made them up on my own--and this was like two years ago now so whatever pictures I got off the web I have no idea where I found them at this point.  Sorry.  Hopefully they'll inspire you to do something on your own.


There are a couple activities that I do with this one . . .


Let your child pick a bird and then say the little rhyme according to the color they picked:

Blue bird, blue bird high in a tree,
How many blue things can you see?

Then look all around you and find all the things that are that color.


Here's another one . . .
Pass out the birds to the children and then say this little rhyme together:

Little Red bird in the tree,
In the tree, in the tree,
Little Red bird in the tree
Sing a song for me.

Whatever color you put into the rhyme the child with that color bird gets to put his bird on the tree.  They can also sing a little song if they
want . . .


Stay tuned for a few more magnet board activities . . .








1 comment:

  1. This is great. You have given me inspiration to create a game (maybe using Velcro and foam board) for my son. We have an upcoming 9 hour road trip and I am brainstorming activities for him.

    ReplyDelete