Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Mini Caramel Apples



After seeing the mini caramel apples that Jeanine posted on our Facebook page I decided that I would have to give them a try.


They ended up being the perfect activity for my daughter and I to do on a rainy afternoon.  And aren't caramel apples the perfect October snack?


Want to make some too?  
Here's what we did:

First, we used a melon baller to scoop out our apple bites and then added a pretzel stem.


We then dipped the apples in melted caramel and let them cool on a plate.


Perfect little caramel apple bites!

Let me tell you, this is the way to eat caramel apples!  I definitely prefer the perfectly caramel coated apples-bites over the big messy caramel apple that's so sticky you can't even get a bite out of it.  

Yes . . . this is the way to eat them.


10 comments:

  1. I have tried those mini caramel apples twice now...no matter how dry I pat the apples, the caramel never sticks long, it oozes right back off as it cools and the pretzel sticks get soggy and break off. :o( Any tips?

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's an amazing idea! i want to introduce the wonderful world of caramel apples to my son but i'm SURE he'd never finish a whole apple! amazing, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tina-Try Peters carmel. It works magically! I'm not sure what to tell you about the pretzel sticks getting soggy though.

    I have a relative that runs a carmel apple business and he uses peter's carmel.

    Don't try to eat a carmel apple like you would eat a regular apple. It's sticky and gross. Instead, cut it off the stick in a tic tac toe fashion #. The stick and the core will end up in the center, and you have slices of carmel apple, instead of messy, all over your face carmel apple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! I just bought a bunch of apples we will have to make those with one of our apples :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous idea. Thank you so much for sharing.

    Erin
    Spantastikreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the mini candied apples. I mean even for an adult a whole candied apple is too much and it soo hard to eat. So this is a cute way to have mini apples, and for kids too. I love this, great idea, I may have to borrow this for a party! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Vanessa- We eat them right away. I don't think they would keep long since the apples are cut.

      Delete