Monday, October 4, 2010

Sport Cupcakes



My sweet little man turned two last week.  I debated for a long time on what kind of cake to make him for his birthday and finally settled on some sport cupcakes.  



I think they turned out cute, and my son was thrilled with them.  They were easy too.  To tell you the truth I had an extremely busy day and ended up having to whipped them up just minutes before it was time to eat cake . . . that's how easy they are.

I bought a black and red gel pen to draw the lines on the baseball, basketball and soccer ball and dyed a little bit of the frosting orange and green for the tennis ball and basketball.  For the white lines on the tennis ball and football I just put some frosting in a sandwich bag and snipped off the corner to pipe it on. Easy-peasy.



8 comments:

  1. They turned out adorable! Super cute idea. I'm glad your son liked them (and that they were super quick. I too have been throwing together a cake at the last minute a time or two).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that feeling of last minute cake decorating....and you passed the test with flying colors! Great job and thanks so much for sharing on Craft Schooling Sunday, great to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when cute is quick and easy! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those came out really nice . You can't tell that it was last minute.
    scrapaddict4sure.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are too cute! So cute that I showcased them on my site. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are too cute! So cute that I showcased them on my site. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable! I'm your newest follower, I found you at Tip Junkie! You can find me at Sassy Sites- xoxo!!

    ReplyDelete