Monday, July 11, 2011

Cookie Monster Cupcakes



My youngest turned two not too long ago and since we were in the process of moving I didn't have my cake supplies handy. I needed something really simple to do for his cake! I spotted these Cookie Monster cupcakes online and knew they'd be perfect.

Items you'll need:
Cupcakes
Frosting
Blue Food Coloring
White Candy Melts
Chocolate Chips
Small Cookies (I used Famous Amos)


First you'll want to divide your frosting. You'll want to keep some of it white and dye the rest blue. Then frost your cupcakes with the blue frosting.


Next, you'll want to take your candy melts and pipe a little dot of white frosting on the flat side of the candy. Add a chocolate chip onto the frosting.


Now you have some eyes!


After making all those eyes you'll need a little cookie break.


Finally you're going to add the eyes on and shove a little cookie into your Cookie Monster's mouth!

Voila! Cookie Monster cupcakes for your little monster!




9 comments:

  1. Found (and following) you from Made by You Mondays at Skip to my Lou! These are SO CUTE! Thanks for the idea. This will be my next playdate!! :)

    www.melonbelly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those ARE pretty stinkin' cute! My girls are just old enough to really get into the decorating business of cake and cupcake baking, so I can see that we're clearly going to have to add this one to our list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cookie monster cookies are just adorable. I bet they'd be a hit with the kids :) Every week I host a recipe swap and I'd love for you to stop by and show off a recipe. Have a good day :)
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how cute! I am loving this! ( and wishing I had a little one to do this for!) I am a follower! I would love it if you would stop by and follow me back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are so cute! I know my daughter would love them!

    ReplyDelete