Monday, December 19, 2011

Gifts Kids Can Make: Simple Puppet Tutorial



Alright . . . sorry it's taken me so long to get a tutorial up here! Here is a really basic tutorial for a simple glove puppet. First you'll take two pieces of felt and cut your puppet shape. I use this template.

Next, you'll sew those two pieces together making sure to leave the bottom open.


Now you'll need your creativity! You'll need to cut out pieces to embellish these little guys! For this one I made a really simple ninja (since that's what my boys love these days). Glue them on with some tacky glue and voila! You're done!


My two oldest are designing and making a few of these for A for Christmas. Here are a few of the puppets that we have finished thus far. Hopefully we can fit in a few more before the end of the week!



***For my first set of puppets I used wonder under but then Mr. A pulled a bunch of them off (it's his thing). I decided this time to just use glue even though it will make it a little more stiff.




8 comments:

  1. These are adorable and they look pretty easy too. Thanks for sharing! I am a new FB follower visiting from Made By Little Hands. Vicky from Mess For Less

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely fab idea...my oldest son would love to create puppets like these :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea!! Thanks for sharing @'Sew Cute Tuesday'...I'll be featuring you tomorrow, so be sure to stop by and grab a 'featured' button!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jeanine, these are so cute and they look so easy to make, even I could do it, LOL Thanks so much for sharing and Happy New Year. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete