Monday, May 14, 2012

Car Games


I can't believe it's May!  This year has flown by.  The school year is winding down and before you know it it will be time for summer vacation and road trips.  

Our family took a little road trip last month to this event over spring break.  I brought along several of my travel toys that I've made in years past along with a few new things.  I found these great car games over at Prepared NOT Scared and decided to make them up last minute.  I'm so glad I did because they were the hit of the travel toys this year.  My five year old especially loved them and kept her busy for hours.



After printing them out and laminating them I added them to my kids travel bags along with a dry erase marker.


My three year old wasn't into the games as much but the backside of each card made a great little erasable drawing board for him.


 Another popular item in their travel bag were some personalized notebooks I made using composition books that I picked up on clearance for 20 cents last fall.

A little scrapbook paper added a personal touch and they had pages of drawing paper in a special little book just for them.


What activities are popular with your kids on road trips?


5 comments:

  1. We just got back from a 10 hour trip with a 2 year old (over 2 days). WE used a lot of DVD's, a new colouring book, stickers (which ended up on him and not in the book - whatever works right!)and a purse which i put little alphabet cards and money in. Also a few new car toys got us to the end! Love the laminated sheets. Will pin them for future use! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those car games. Great idea to laminate them so they can be used again and again. My favorite is Tic-Tac-Toe. You can use that game to teach anything! Thanks for sharing. Stopping by from Show and Share at Abc and 123.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smart, smart smart! These look awesome. We do a lot of DVDs, stickers, and reading in the car. Thanks for sharing these at our Handmade Tuesdays party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow. I love these ideas! I'm always on the lookout for things that my son can do ... thanks for these ...

    ReplyDelete