Monday, April 19, 2010

Spring Headband



I'm so glad spring is here . . . and all the darling spring clothes that I get to buy for my kids now.

Here's an idea for a hair accessory to add to your cute spring outfits . . .




I started by cutting my lace fabric into a six inch circle.  Your finished flower will be half the size that you start with, so my finished flower is three inches in diameter.


I then folded and pressed a quarter of an inch edge all the way around my fabric.  Once that was done I hand stitched all the way around the folded edge (for more detailed instructions look here) and then pulled my gathered thread to create a three inch flower.


Then chose a button for the center and stitch it on.


Cut a small circle out of felt and hand stitch to the back of the flower.


Cut two slits in your felt so you can slip in a hair clip or headband.  Some people like to glue their fabric flowers to their headbands, but by making them removable you can use the same headband with multiple fabric flowers.


All done.  Enjoy Spring!

7 comments:

  1. Love it! So simple yet gorgeous! And your tutorial is perfect, thanks so much for sharing on Craft Schooling Sunday, hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW, I've linked this to my blog. Thanks again for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute and SIMPLE... I'm going to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple! Love it! Stop by and link up to my Thursday Make It Wear It party if you'd like!

    TheTrainToCrazy.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I love little girl headbands. I have a boy and he just isn't into them for some reason :) Thanks for posting a shared link. I've moved it to the front page.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for sharing your post at our linky party this week!
    Totally cute! My girls would love this.
    xo

    ReplyDelete