Thursday, February 10, 2011

Valentine's Gifts for Boys


I LOVE Valentine's Day. I try to make it fun and not to girl-y since I have a house full of boys! This year I have come up with these ideas:


I found these little paddle games in the seasonal section at WalMart. They came in packs of 4 for $1. Heart shaped . . . but still fun.


Again from WalMart (and for the same price 4/$1) I found these little mini recorders. I know I'm going to regret this one . . . but the boys will love it.


Stickers are always a hit at our house . . . if the boys don't use them (or put them all over themselves like my 1-year-old is apt to do) then I put them on the sandwich bags of my Kindergartners lunch. I found these on clearance for 50 cents a pack.


I was at the Dollar Tree one day and ran across these super hero taffies. I'll probably give them just one each and save the rest for another day . . . but I think these will be the biggest hit of all.


And again at the dollar store I found these little cute notebooks. . . 3 for $1. My boys like to draw so these are perfect. (Sometimes I'll pop a little thing like this in my purse just in case we ever get stuck somewhere and I need to keep them busy). I'll probably cover them in scrapbook paper (not too girl-y of course) and add their initial to the cover.

Of course, after I got all of these I found this idea about giving books on Valentine's Day. I may save that away for next year.

Do you give your children anything on Valentine's Day?




2 comments:

  1. Those are cute!! It's hard to come up with things for boys sometimes, so well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great ideas!
    For the past few years I have been giving new sippy cups/water bottles because we need them and you can put a few festive candies inside.

    ReplyDelete