Monday, August 2, 2010

Copycat Mini Car Mat



I hope you're not too tired of these car mats yet . . . because I wanted to share mine too. Aren't they so much fun?

I thought the mats Jeanine made HERE and HERE were so darling that I copied her and made my own, but changed things up slightly.

Here's my take on it:



I used shoe laces to make the pump at the gas tank. (Thanks honey for sacrificing your old shoes for my project!)


. . . And a garage for your car to pull into at night.




These are so simple to make. All you have to know how to do is cut and iron. I made this one just like I did my dinosaur mat HERE.








5 comments:

  1. This is awesome, I was just making my Christmas list and I have a goal to make one thing homemade for all my people and my son would love these! Perfect timing! THANK YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice...I like the shoelace! Nice touch! Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. feautured these on my blog today!!!

    kimboscrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have yet to make one of these - I think I might just have to now! I love the touch of the gas tank/shoelaces -- great interaction!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice blog.. Good one! There's still the other way if you'll need it... Mini Car Melbourne

    ReplyDelete